Friday 4 October 2013

Antipodean @ Bangsar

I find it really helpful to read reviews on eateries before trying them out, to avoid disappointment. Since I benefited greatly from others' reviews, I find it fair only if I contribute my experience as well. Hence, I shall share my ups and downs of my gastronomy journey.  
I absolutely love cafes that serve all day breakfast, and Antipodean is probably the one place that I frequented the most. My first trip  there was earlier this year in March. When I got my Big Breakfast, I gawked at the HUGE portion staring back at me. LOOK!!!!!
Big Breakfast with choice of beef sausage, RM 19
We had some pancakes to share as well. The pancakes only had a slight hint of banana, which were a bit of a disappointment, but the butterscotch sauce complimented them well.
Banana pancake with butterscotch, RM16
I went back again in April cos I miss miss miss the sauteed mushrooms in Antipodean.
I have always regarded Antipodean as the best breakfast place in Bangsar, so Antipodean it is when I wanted to introduce the breakfast culture to my parents in September. Well aware of the long queue on weekends, and how my old folks dislike waiting, we made it there at 9am on a Saturday, and YESSSSS, NO QUEUE!!!!
I had to admit, I was let down this round. The scrambled eggs were a little too wet, and wth, what happened to my mushrooms? The portion shrank by like half!  (T~T) Le sigh, will need to find another favourite brunch place then. Side note: Can I self-praise my photography skills a bit? I must say, it has improved over the months, no? 

Antipodean Cafe @ Bangsar.
Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur.   
Business hours: 8:00 am-10:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment